CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our precious baby...



So, I took Cooper to his 6 month check-up back at the end of January and during his well-visit our pediatrician discovered that he has a little heart murmur, he assured me that it probably wasn't anything to worry about but wanted us to get a chest x-ray just to be safe. So, of course I rushed him over to the hospital and they did the x-ray that same day. I was a little worried, but everyone seemed to think he was going to be just fine so I didn't stress too much about it until I got a call later that night from Dr. Edwards saying that the x-ray showed that his heart was a little larger than normal and there was more blood in his lung area than there should be. I panicked of course, and we called called up to Primary Children's to get in with a cardiologist to find out more. I was really nervous for the entire 2 weeks until we were able to get in to see the Dr, so when they had a cancellation I jumped on it and was able to get in a few days earlier than expected. Since it was such short notice Judd wasn't able to come with us, but I didn't think much of it and anxiously took him in hoping to get some good news and move on. I really wasn't expecting anything too scary.
When I finally got there they did an EKG and an ECHO and we were there for SO long...the Dr. kept asking to get more pictures and more tests and poor Cooper was exhausted and just wanted to go home...and so did I! I was freaking out and just wanted to know what was taking so long and what was wrong. Finally, after about 4 hours the cardiologist came in and shut the door and looked right into my eyes and said. "I have been dreading telling you this, but you son has a serious heart defect." I about died...I was so shocked and terrified and I just wished that Judd was there so bad! The Dr. was so sweet and explained everything to me and told me that he was going to have to have heart surgery and that we were scheduled to go up to Primary again in a few days to get some better pictures and get a better idea of what we were dealing with.
I don't know how, but I drove myself home, called Judd and had a little melt-down...
Since then we have had many more tests done and Cooper and I both have had blessings. We have had to wait for awhile to find out exactly what the surgeons wanted to do, but we just found out on a few days ago that he will be having heart surgery on March 10th.

I questioned if I should even post about this, since it isn't your typical casual topic, but everyone keeps asking me about him and I figured that the more people who know, and are praying for him the better... I have a very strong testimony of prayer and the priesthood and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be comforted and strengthened through these blessings. I don't know what I would do without the Gospel in my life right now, I am amazed at what peace it has brought to me and my family already, and I know it will continue to be there as we go through this trial.
Thanks to all of our friends and family who have been so thoughtful. We appreciate your support and prayers more than you will ever know...

0 comments:

Post a Comment